2. I respond by asking you five personal questions so I can get to know you better.
3. You WILL update your LJ with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and offer to ask someone else in the post.
5. When others comment asking to be asked, you will ask them five questions.
1. How did you first get into karaoke?
I knew I wanted to do it the minute I heard about it. It took a while to find out there was a bar in the city, very close to my apartment. I went a few times and it was overwhelming because of the crowd and not knowing anybody. Then I went on a Saturday afternoon in January (at least 12 years ago) and it was Timmons’ birthday party. Timmons was the sweetest guy, very gregarious, LOVED singing and was absolutely AWFUL. There were a lot people in costume and drag queens with beards and I suddenly had a feeling of belonging.
2. What issues make you really furious?
Gay rights and abortion. I can’t have a rational discussion with people who are homophobic or anti-choice.
3. If you could see into the future, what one thing would you most like to know?
IF a Democrat will win the presidency. I don’t need to know WHO, just IF.
4. How will the last season of House end?(!)
How I think it will end: Wilson/Cuddy baby. Major House screw up/medical crisis (real this time.) Possible appearance by House parents including some hideous reference to catharsis of alleged abuse. Cameron/House ambiguity until the last minute, but implication that they will be together.
How I want it to end: Subtle confirmation of H/W. Something Casablanca-esque maybe. Nothing else matters.
5. What's the bravest thing you've ever done.
Fallen in love and gotten married.
1. Favorite song to sing live?
Teenager In Love-I get everyone to sing along.
2. If you could meet an artist, living or dead, who would they be?
(Having clarified that you’re talking about a musical artist.)
3. Bono, Jagger, and Lennon walk into a bar. How does the scenario end?
Elvis is the bartender. Various band-members show up and a jam session commences. Everyone wakes up hung-over wondering if it really happened. There’s no sign of Elvis, but Janis Joplin is serving Bloody Marys.
4. What's the album you cannot live without?
5. What's your least favorite genre or sub-genre of modern music?
(20th/21th Century, etc)
Whatever the hell Josh Groban and his ilk do.
1) A natural disaster afflicts your state, meaning
you have to move somewhere else for six weeks. Where would you go and
Assuming I could afford it, London. Just because I love England so much.
(And I could get to see you.)
2)Who was your favorite TV character as a child?
Male: Captain Kirk
3)Almost all the female race has been accidently eradicated, meaning
every woman has to have at least four husbands - who (from the whole
world) do you choose as yours?
1. Hubby-proven commodity.
2. Anthony Bourdain-He can cook for me. I think he’d be a piss to hang out with and I think he’s hot.
3. At least one gay karaoke fiend. I’ve always wanted a pet gay man to sing showtunes with in the morning. This is my chance.
4. Barry-My unrequited High School obsession. I’m a vindictive wench.
4)What four things are you most proud of in your life?
1. 5 Marathons
2. 2 Triathlons (sprint)
3. Bicycling down Mt. Halekala twice
4. Three books published.
5)You're given the power to change two things about the world. What do
you change and why?
1. Stop global warming. Gotta save the planet.
2. Cure for AIDS. Gotta save the people.
1. Do you use anything special for your passwords or PINs? Not asking for
the PIN itself, just what it means to you, if anything. (Ex.: My PIN is
usually the last four digits of the phone number of my best friend from
Some variation of Karaoke if possible because I can remember it. They make me change the password to get into Sabre every 60 days and I’ve been using variations of House or Wilson or HughL etc along with the year I was born.
2.Why won't you write fluffy H/W slash?
Based on the characters as they’ve been depicted from the first episode, I find it completely unbelievable. These are not happy people with happy problems. This is a drug addict and his co-dependant. Or closeted homosexuals. Or men who cannot acknowledge their real feelings for each other. Or one man in love and another not. Or at least one person in denial. I live and die by canon. Canon doesn’t leave much room for fluff.
3. For a month, you have to give one of these up: internet or karaoke. Which one, and why?
You are evil. At this point in my LJ addiction, it would probably have to be the karaoke. Also I actually need the internet for work, so that would be my excuse.
4. Imagine having a peak experience, as defined by Maslow
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peak_experiences). What would you be doing
at that time?
Karaoke. Perfect song. Perfect performance. Perfect audience. Transcendental karaoke.
5. What sort of silly things make you laugh with joy?