Come and play the Interview Meme game HERE
Questions from aithlyn
1. What was the first song you ever did at karaoke? What convinced you to get up and sing?
I think the first one I ever tried was “Band Of Gold” by Freda Payne. I didn’t really have to be convinced. I LOVE singing and I crave validation. I know I was scared the first time and it wasn't a great performance, but I was hooked before I even started. I've got major issues going back to not being in with the drama/musical crowd in High School, so a lot of the karaoke obsession is about that.
2. How did you get into House?
I think I must have heard of it and thought “Oh, that sounds interesting, “ either because of Hugh Laurie or because of the snarky thing, so I ordered it from Netflix. What’s interesting is that I got the 2nd disk first, so I started with Damned If You Do instead of the pilot. We whipped through the first season in a few weeks and by that point it was about a quarter into the 2nd season and I started TiVo-ing.
3. Choose six random things inside your pocketbook (purse) and tell me
1. My notebook.
The same one you saw me writing in back in May, although it’s almost full. As soon as I'm done with this I’ll be typing up what I’ve done on the RPS over the last few days.
2. The Business Section of today’s San Francisco Chronicle.
There’s an article about how the internet is killing the bike messenger business. I’m leaving it for hubby to see in the morning. He used to be a bike messenger.
3. A pair of gloves-It might get cold.
4. The pewter “Harmony” charm I bought at Quincy Market on my last day in Boston. It's become my talisman.
5. The key to my gym locker lock.
I’m down to one so I really have to be careful not to lose it. Having to get my lock cut open would be really embarassing.
6.A pair of earings.
Very heavy feldspar disks. Sebastian gave them to me after one of his Mexico trips. They’re too heavy to wear very long, so I wore them a little bit on Sunday and then took them off and put them in my pocketbook. (And how much do I love you for paying “pocketbook”?)
4. It's your birthday. Where are we going to celebrate it? What are we
going to do? (Pretend we can go ANYWHERE and we can do more than one
I’m really predictable-I want to hang out at the Mint and sing.
We can spend the morning going for a walk around my favorite parts of the city and having an amazing brunch. In the afternoon we can hang out and watch some DVD’s. (JOOLS!!!) But I need to be at the Mint by about 4:30PM, so I can get as many songs in as possible.
5. Describe yourself using three verses of three different songs.
1. I left my heart in San Francisco. High on a hill, she calls to me. To be where little cable cars, clime halfway to the stars. The morning fog may chill the air. I don’t care… (etc etc etc.)
2. I get too hungry for dinner at eight, love the theater but never come late. I never bother with people I hate. (That’s why the lady is a tramp.)
3. Someone I am crazy for is crazy for me. I’m his personal pet. Gee how lucky can you get.
Questions from stellaluna
1.You mentioned that you paid attention to Mac and Danny from the very
first episode you watched. What, exactly, about the two of them drew you
to that pairing to begin with, and what about them continues to appeal?
This is hard. I know I saw the slash, but I’m not as obsessive about this show as I am with House, which is obsessive to knowing titles, reciting lines, etc etc. So I really don’t know, but it had to be some scene where Mac was pissed at Danny and I could totally feel the anger/lust vibe between them. Maybe Tanglewood?
2. What are some of your favorite places to visit, either in your own
city or on vacation?
I love the Monterey Bay aquarium. I can spend hours just watching the sea otters and then some more looking the jellyfish. In fact, anytime we’re on vacation, we usually head for an aquarium.
In New York, I guess a trip to a Broadway show is necessary, even if Times Square totally freaks me out because of the crowds.
Just being in London made me happy most of the time I was there and I think I would love to just have days and days to explore everything about it.
3. Who are some of your favorite authors?
Fiction-Mickey Spillane, Vladimir Nabokov, Spider Robinson.
Nonfiction-Anthony Bourdain, Danny Wallace, Calvin Trillin.
4. What's your favorite dessert?
5. What are your favorite episodes of CSI:NY?
Tanglewood, Trapped, Not What It Looks Like.
Questions from babykid
1. What song makes you absolutely cringe/seeth to hear sung at karaoke?
Summer Nights from Grease just because it’s SO OVERDONE and I know how sick the bartenders and KJs are of hearing it, especially Jane the bartender. Ditto Total Eclipse Of The Heart which will cause Daddy Dave (KJ/Bartender) to bang his head on top of the bar. Two others just for the overdone and overblown annoyance factor would be My Heart Will Go On and I Believe I Can Fly
2. If you could be any kind of animal for a day what would you be and
A cute, cuddly puppy. MAYBE that would give me the amount of love and attention I want.
3. What would your dream job be and where (geographically speaking) would
I’d love to be a KJ at the Mint, or a dog-walker, or get paid to stay home and write smut. And I know I sound like a broken record, but I honestly can’t imagine living anywhere other than San Francisco. 2nd choice is London, but eventually the winters would get to me. It gets cold here, but never that cold and most important-NO SNOW!!!
And as much as I love Maui, I'm a bit of a heat wimp as well. San Francisco weather is perfect for me.
4. What's your most irrational fear?
Bees/hornets/wasps. As soon as I see one I start freaking out that I’m going to be stung.
5. If one of the ducklings had to go, who would you oust from House? Why?
Foreman. I blame the writers, but there just isn’t as much emotional investment in him as there is in Chase and Cam, both in their relationship to each other and their relationship to House. I think that’s why the whole Family, Resignation, The Jerk, Human Error arc didn’t have as much impact as it should. I just didn’t care whether Foreman stayed or left. Hugh didn't seem to be selling that House cared either, and the end of Human Error kind of undermined any implication that he did. That means Wilson was wrong, which I don't appreciate either-Wilson is supposed to KNOW House better than anybody. (PBOAPB strikes again.)