YOU BLEW IT!
You had a chance to get me to lower the last of defenses regarding the HORROR OF 13. You’ve done such a great job of making Miss Pouty Face so incredibly annoying that I’ve been willing to give 13 another chance. The opening was promising and there was even a smidge of chemistry between Olivia and Hugh. Either that or Hugh decided to actually show up for work and his facial expressions were adorable, especially the smile.
Whatever the BIG SECRET was, I would have gone with it.
EXCEPT THAT! Except for a boring, maudlin, over-played mercy-killing of a never-before-mentioned, never-to-be-heard-about-again brother and Olivia’s attempt to convey emotion. Her crying scene was one of the worst I’ve ever been forced to watch. I was hoping that the story was a lie and that the sniveling was part of her attempt to con House and that House knew.
Everything after that lost me, and made me unwilling to forgive the logic and continuity failures.
So onto the logic and continuity failures.
1. Apparently Foreman and Chase are suffering from amnesia, since they’ve forgotten all about Euphoria and are not taking any precautions, even when they think the patient has Aspergillus.
2. Taub is not Wilson. Taub is not Wilson. Taub is not Wilson. Nothing you do will ever convince me he could score a babe. I believe in him getting Mrs. Taub back because she’s almost as pathetic as he is. Although what happened to all of Taub’s self-righteous indignation about Wifey’s on-line relationship? Or the relationship? Is Wifey cheating on not just online relationship by shtupping Taub? WTF?
3. Foreman is not House. His giving a damn about Taub’s sex life is just creepy.
4. Someone needs to slap Miss Pouty Face. I was really hoping Chase would do it.
5. Can we please stop having the implication that husbands will leave their wives once they’ve been diagnosed with mental illness? I know they didn’t follow through, but it was pretty much the same scene they did back with the schizophrenic wife a few months ago.
6. The idea that House would have ANY PROBLEM with what 13 did. The most affection ever showed Cameron was when he said “I’m proud of you” at the end of informed Consent, and the closest House came to a believable declaration of love for Wilson is his euthanasia speech in Known Unknowns.
7. “Now I know why Cuddy broke up with you.” STFU THIRTEEN!!!!