1. Elaborate on your default icon.
Right now it's the Red Vines which came about as a result of this drabble and the resulting comments which netted the picture, courtesy of Rivers_Bend
2. What's your current relationship status?
Married. It'll be 16 years on September 6.
3. Ever have a near-death experience?
Hubby has. I haven't
4. Name an obvious quality you have?
Red hair. Lots of it.
5. What's the name of the song that's stuck in your head right now?
'39 by Queen
6. Any celeb you would marry?
Given my current obsession, it would be awfully hard to turn down Hugh Laurie should he arrive on the Bonneville Triumph in front of my apartment. Even though I know this is unlikely given the existance of Jo, the kids, Stephen
7. Who will cut and paste this first?
I'm guessing/hoping sfbuffalo
8. Name someone with the same birthday as you.
Does that mean month/date/year or just month/date? I can't find anybody for month/date/year.
But just two years earlier, both Doug Flutie and Mike Tomczak for all you (American) Football fans out there.
9. Do you have a crush on someone?
Movie/TV stars & pop stars? Duh! Real People...not so much right now. I wrote most of them out of my system in my abandoned recent novel and replaced them with my House/Hugh/LJ obsession.
10. Have you ever vandalized someone's private property?
I don't think so.
11. Have you ever been in a fight?
Junior High. I got in a few kicks and ran away. I was such a wuss.
12. Have you ever sung in front of a large audience?
Look at the user name. Basically I'm at the Mint Karaoke bar every Sunday afternoon. Left to my own devices I would sling a hammock across the bar and move in.
13. What's the first thing you notice about the OPPOSITE sex?
Attractiveness, however that may be defined in the moment.
14. What do you usually order from Starbucks?
Tall hot chocolate, no whipped cream.
15. Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose?
Fake suicide attempt in High School. Razor blade. Barely scratched myself. Embarrassing.
16. Say something totally random about yourself.
Now that it's not All About Lance, I'm totally lovin' the Tour De France.
17. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
I've gotten Bette Midler and (mostly because of the hair) Reba McEntire. Sometimes even Bonnie Raitt.
18. Do you wear a watch? What kind?
Nope. Just another thing to lose.
19. Do you have anything pierced?
My ears. One hole each. I like earrings if you're looking for presents.
20. Do you have any tattoos?
Not yet. Which is amazing because I live in the Mission District of San Francisco. Luckily I was there before it was mandatory, so they grandfathered me in.
21. Do you like pain?
Not really. As in big, fucking wuss who needs nitrous oxide just to get my teeth cleaned. Or maybe I just like nitrous oxide.
22. Do you like to shop?
Not for clothes. For CD's and DVDs and Books, but only if I'm flush enough to splurge without
23. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
24. What was the last thing you paid for with a credit card?
Mensa Puzzle book for friend in the hospital.
25. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone?
An admin for one of the lawyers. I have to change a flight for tonight because his original flight is delayed.
26. What is on your desktop background?
At work, Hugh Laurie. At home, House/Wilson wallpaper.
I told you I was obsessed/
27. What is the background on your cell phone?
28. Do you like redheads?
Trick question? I like a good head of red hair on a woman. On men, not so much.
29. Do you know any twins?
Yes. My friend Jeremy is a twin and I have a picture of me with both of them.
30. Do you have any weird relatives?
Every single one of them.
31. What was the last movie you watched?
Dead Poets Society
32. What was the last book you read?
My LJ/smutreading/writing obsession has put a serious crimp in keeping up with my New Yorkers, much less reading an actual book. I think it was "Join Me" by Danny Wallace.
33. Did you or are you planning to go to college?
One year at Bergen Community College (Harvard on the Highway)and about four or five years of pretending to go to Montclair State College. I was on academic probation and I quit before they could throw me out.
34. What is your favorite pair of pants that you own?
Black Gloria Vanderbilt's
35. Do you like to party?
I'm clean and sober and a bit shy. However give me a seat at the Mint and a good crowd and I will close the joint and keep singing until I lose my voice.
36. Where do you see yourself in five years?
Still in San Francisco. Greatest place on earth. Can't leave.