I live in San Francisco, CA and I was raised in New York and New Jersey.
1. A body of water, smaller than a river, contained within relatively narrow banks. - Stream
2. What the thing you push around the grocery store is called. - Shopping cart
3. A metal container to carry a meal in. - Lunchbox
4. The thing that you cook bacon and eggs in. - Frying pan
5. The piece of furniture that seats three people. - Sofa
6. The device on the outside of the house that carries rain off the roof. - Eaves
7. The covered area outside a house where people sit in the evening. - Porch
8. Carbonated, sweetened, non-alcoholic beverages. - Soda
9. A flat, round breakfast food served with syrup. - Pancakes
10. A long sandwich designed to be a whole meal in itself. - Hero
11. The piece of clothing worn by men at the beach. - Bathing suit.
12. Shoes worn for sports. - Sneakers
13. Putting a room in order. - Cleaning up
14. A flying insect that glows in the dark. - Firefly
15. The little insect that curls up into a ball. - Whatever it is, I don't want to see it.
16. The children's playground equipment where one kid sits on one side and goes up while the other sits on the other side and goes down. - See-Saw
17. How do you eat your pizza? - Cheese and toppings first, then bottom. Side crust only if it's soft, not if it's too crunchy.
18. What's it called when private citizens put up signs and sell their used stuff? - Street sale
19. What's the evening meal? - Dinner
20. The thing under a house where the furnace and perhaps a rec room are? - Cellar
21. What do you call the thing that you can get water out of to drink in public places? - Water Fountain