Here it is if you're interested:
1. Which is your favourite room in a house, and why?
Clever phrasing. At first I read it as "your house" and was trying to decide between my bedroom and living room neither of which were particularly interesting. A house on the other hand...I don't have a specific room, but it would be whereever most of the books and music/movies are kept. I can spent many happy hours snooping on other people's taste in these things.
2. It's 1949 and it's all on the ration. Which do you miss most: chocolate; booze; eggs; fags; stockings?
karaokegal breaks into a few choruses of "We'll Meet Again" starts imagining herself in the cool late 40's noir of her dreams. Oh, sorry, there was a question? If the subject in question is the me of today, rather than some hard-boiled femme fatale, I guess it's the chocolate.
3. Describe the most disastrous outfit you ever wore.
It may be too obvious, but how about my Junion Prom Dress? I'm completely shuddering at the memory and luckily there's no photographic evidence. (Maybe my date's parents still have it in the cellar somewhere.) It was a truly hideous, long sleeved, long skirted, purple-mauvey colored horror. How ugly was this dress? It ended up on a gorilla the following summer in a production of "Cabaret" and it looked better on the gorilla than it did on me.
4. Which platitude annoys you the most?
Despite my years of sobriety and cleantime in the Twelve Step programs, I could probably live without hearing "One Day At A Time" ever again as long as I live.
5. If, for one day, you could be a character from a book - which one would you be and what would you get up to?
Do real people count? I would love to be Anthony Bourdain, especially in "A Cook's Tour" but also in "Kitchen Confidential". Running around the world, cooking, eating up a storm and just being a badass motherfucker.
Back to the Noir of my dreams a few questions up, I would love to be the literary version of any of Hammett, Chandler, or Spillane's vixens, killing, blackmailing, stealing etc before the inevitable come-uppance.
And now it's my turn to be the interviewer. Here's how it works.
001. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
002. I will respond by asking you five questions of a very intimate and creepily personal nature. Or not so creepy/personal.
003. You WILL update your LJ with the answers to the questions.
004. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the post.
005. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
ETA-I'm a dork. Now I've fixed my LJ cuts.