1. Take five books off your bookshelf.
2. Book 1: first sentence
3. Book 2: last sentence on page 50
4. Book 3: second sentence on page 100
5. Book 4: next to the last sentence on page 150
6. Book 5: final sentence of the book
7. Arrange the five sentences to form a paragraph.
The scene opens with a high shot of Covent Garden. Somewhere in my mind, I must have been aware of the possibility that her airway was shutting down because of vocal chord swelling or blood. All I could think about when I got up, with the sun seemingly singling me out with a beacon of light directed straight toward my migraine, was to get back to my car. Taking the subway on New Year's Eve in Manhattan is a little like strolling through the DMZ. "I couldn't agree with you more," I said.
Virtual cup-cakes to those who can guess any of the books used in the formation. I pulled them all off one part of my bookshelf. Three are in the same genre and two aren't.