It's that time again...Fifty Questions.
1. You have 10 dollars and need to buy snacks at a gas station:
If I'm doing this, it means I've gone off the rails and I'm dumpster diving into the crap. Ruffles, Hostess Cupcakes, and let's sink all the way to the depths with some Coke.
2. If you were reincarnated as a sea creature, what would you want to be? Octopi are kind of cool. Octopus's garden and all that.
3. Who's your favorite redhead? Rita Hayworth
4. What do you order when you're at IHOP?
Probably the pancakes. I mean if you're at IHOP, you gotta, right?
5. Last book you read? I've been re-reading "John Wayne's America: The Politics of Celebrity, by Gary Wills. Other than that, it's mostly old New Yorkers.
6. Describe your favorite pair of underwear: Anything that's comfortable, fits well and doesn't have any holes. (Aside from the ones it's supposed to have for my legs.)
7. Describe the last time you were injured: I'm ALWAYS burning myself in the kitchen, but nothing major sticks out. A couple of years ago, I got a nasty, nasty toe infection while training for a marathon.
8. Of all your friends, who would you want to be stuck in a well with? Probably bff Jen, because we've known each other the longest and can share the most memories plus we used to make up stories together and I'm sure I could get her to work on fanfic with me.
9. Rock concert or symphony? Hard one. Easier to write at the symphony, but if it's a star or band I've really wanted to see for a long time...let's say rock concert, before I start feeling even more decrepit than I am.
10. What is the wallpaper of your cell phone? None
11. Soda Club soda or seltzer.
12. What type of shirt are you wearing? Sweatshirt from a Roxy Music concert over a t-shirt from the Run for Arctic Awareness 10-K.
13. If you could only use one form of transportation for the rest of your life what would it be? Chauffer driven limousine.
14. Most recent movie you've watched in theatres? The Dark Knight
15.Name an actor/actress you've had the hots for: (Sing it with me people) John Barrowman
16. What's your favorite kind of cake? Poppyseed with cream cheese frosting.
17. What did you have for dinner last night? Pizza. (At the hospital, with hubby.)
18. Look to your left, what do you see? My John Barrowman calender. Hi, John!
19. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Assuming we're talking about my running shoes, rarely.
20. Favorite toy as a child? Can't remember. Puzzles, maybe?
21. Do you buy your own groceries? Yup.
22. Do you think people talk about you behind your back? Hell, yeah.
23. When's the last time you had a sour gummy worms? Long time ago. I like gummy things, but not really the sours, and definitely not the worms.
24. What's your favorite fruit? Mango
25. Do you have a picture of yourself doing a cartwheel? No
27. Have you ever eaten snow? Yes
28. What color are your bedsheets? Dark blue
29. What's your favorite flower? Roses.
30. Were you or are you in ballet? Not that I can remember.
31. Do you listen to classical music? Sometimes
32. Do you have a "wacky noodle"? I think so.
33. Do you watch Spongebob? HELL no
34. Last food you ate? Yogurt/fruit/granola
35. Do people consider you smart? I think so.
36. What time is it? 1122AM PST
37. Is your away message on? No
38. Have you ever tried gluing your fingers together? Yeah. Both Elmer's glue and rubber cement.
39. What curse word do you use the most? Fuck
40. Do you own an iPod? Yes
41. What time is your alarm clock set for? 530AM, but it doesn't work.
42. What CD is currently in your CD player? I don't play CDs anymore. Not with the iPod.
43. What movie do you know every line to? Now, Voyager
44. What is your favorite salad dressing? Blue cheese
45. Would you ever date someone covered in tattoos? Not covered. One or two, at most.
46. How old will you be on your next birthday? 44. (It's coming up so you can start writing me fic now.)
47. Do you enjoy giving hugs? Yes.
48. Last time you had butterflies in your stomach? Dealing with the tow truck guy to get my husband's bike home.
49. What's the way people most often mispronounce any part of your name? I've heard my first name as Mary, Maryann, Marian, and even Muriel. Don't even get me started on how they spell it.
50. If you were to become famous, would you drop your last name? Nope. My full married name is lovely and alliterative.