TEN things you wish you could say to TEN different people right now:
1. After all this time, what you did STILL hurts me. I HATE seeing your name on LJ. And you could still fix it by doing what you know is the right thing.
2. I love you, but that thing really pisses me off, and I can't understand why you'd do it.
3. I really need that time off. I WILL walk away from this job as much as it scares me in this (or any) economy.
4. I'm really worried about you going into the holiday season. I know it's going to be rough and I'm not sure what I can do about it, but I'm there for you in our weird on-line way if nothing else.
5. I'm really, really glad that you're here with me as my co-worker. I couldn't have survived this last six months with you know whow.
6. I should come to visit you more often, but aside from the schlep factor, it's just really painful to see you in that place (literal and figurative.)
7. Leave me alone.
8. Thank you for being in my life.
9. I'm not the person you think I am.
10. I wish you'd be a part of my life again, but I can't keep luring you out of your bunker, because you're not on email anymore and I'm to embarrassed to call.
NINE things about yourself: (Is there anything you guys don't know yet? I've probably mentioned most of these at some point.)
1. One of my first sexual-fantasy level TV crushes was Robert Urich as Dan Tana on Vegas. I had a giant poster of him over my bed and WOULD NOT SHUT UP about him for the first year the show was on the air. (Yes, Robert Urich was the John Barrowman of his day.)
2. I grew up (or didn't as the case may be) in Star Trek and Science Fiction fandom in the late 70's early 80's. Attended conventions, wore costumes, (long before it was called Cos-play) and wrote Mary Sues in paper zines.
3. I haven't driven a car since I moved to California. That's over 20 years ago now.
4. I did phone sex for a few months. I really liked it until I started hating it. Great training for writing fanfic smut by the way.
5. I've never seen an episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Bff Jennifer once showed me some Spike/Buffy sex scenes. That's it.
6. Big ugly birthmark on my left arm.
7. I once put my fist through a window in frustration over losing a Trivial Pursuit game.
8. After the trauma caused by end of Twin Peaks, I couldn't bring myself to watch any TV that wasn't Discovery/Learning Channel/Animal Planet/History/PBS/C-Span. FOR YEARS!!! I think the first series I let myself care about was CSI and that was only after it had already been on the air for two years and I started picking it up on (what was then) SPIKE.
9. I'll say it one more time: Rachel Maddow? Major girl crush
EIGHT ways to win your heart:
1. Comment on my fic.
2. Agree with me on my fannish passions, and join me in my sandbox/trench against the opposing forces.
3. Know stuff. I like smart people.
4. Laugh at my jokes.
6. Share gossip with me. The raunchier the better.
7. Cook for me. (Hubby cooked on our first date.)
8. Understand that my fannish life is as important (sometimes more so) than "real life." My ship-wars are very, very serious to me.
SEVEN things that cross your mind a lot:
1. Politics-even though the Presidential election is over, there's a long way to go to fix things.
2. Fandom/Fanfic/LJ-There's always something going on in my head in terms of fic or babbling about a recent episode or some wank that's going on.
3. Food/sugar/body image/exercise-The whole mess. It never goes away.
4. My job.
6. NOVEL-It's not over people. I will finish it.
7. SQUEEEEE Odyssey-It's going to happen, no matter what.
SIX things you do before you fall asleep:
1. Make sure Tivo is playing something that will keep going for at least 45 minutes.
2. Put on something comfy.
3. Make sure I have a stuffed animal in play. (Hubby likes to throw them out of bed.)
4. Go to bathroom.
5. Make sure I've taken my birth control pill.
6. Cuddle hubby if he's there.
FIVE people who mean a lot at the moment:
FOUR things you're wearing right now:
1. New Balance running shoes.
2. Green slacks
3. Maroon shirt
4. Taupe jacket
5. Panty hose
THREE songs that you listen to often:
1. I Know Him So Well-John Barrowman/Daniel Boys
2. Walking On Broken Glass-Annie Lennox
3. Same Old Scene-Roxy Music
TWO things you want to do before you die:
1. Publish one more book.
2. Meet John Barrowman
As much as I love John Barrowman and TW and Who and all the things and people who are in my life because of Barrowmania, including all the subsidiary fandoms, I sometimes wish it hadn't happened, because the ship-war stuff is that excruciating. I know it's wrong to suffer because people have a different opinion about a TV show, but I think they're so horrribly wrong and doing a disservice to the idea of good mainstream m/m or f/f pairings in the future that the war is very real, very personal and very painful to me and if I'm able to convince one person that they're the tiniest bit wrong, then it's worth it to keep on fighting.