We've done it! (Or I've done it and you guys have been on the trip with me.) As far as I know, 366 different memes. With one exception, they've all been actual existing memes that I ganked from LJ posts. I'm not doing this next year, but I'll continue to do memes as they grab my interest. The final list with links will be posted sometime in the next few weeks.
And now.....drum roll please.....the last meme of 2008:
"Let's say what the rules or categories would be if we each made a fanfic contest focusing on the kind of writing we like to do."
1. To thine own vision be true: Characterization would have to fit the writer's view of the characters, no matter what anyone else in the fandom thinks.
2. Hot, graphic (preferably angsty) sex, but NO SMUT CLICHES. Get the toughest beta you can find to help eradicate them.
3. Het and slash will be equally welcome as long as rule 1 is not violated.
4. Great snarky dialogue is a must.
5. Canon-compliant but canon-subversive if necessary to fit rule 1.
6. No WIPS, No multi-parters unless it's a finished work and you have to break it up for LJ posting purposes.
7. Keep Original Characters to a minimum and do not put them in relationships with main characters. Even if it's not a Sue/Stu, it will be seen as such.
8. Bonus points for the KEL.