Pick your five favorite TV shows (in no particular order) and answer the following questions. Don't cheat!
2.Life On Mars
01. Who's your favorite character in 2? (Life On Mars)
Gene Hunt. (Yes, I like/love Sam/Chris/Annie/Phyllis and I've even developed a warm spot for Ray, but Gene is DA MAN!)
02. Who's your least favorite character in 1? (NCIS)
I gotta say...McGee doesn't do much for me.
03. What's your favorite episode of 4? (Heroes)
VERY CLOSE TIE between Company Man and Cold Wars...gotta give to Company Man. CLAUDE!!!
04. What's your favorite season of 5? (Torchwood)
Series 1. Obviously. The most real!Jack, including gun!porn and CJH.
05. Who is your favorite ship in 3?
House/Wilson. Now and forever. (Always loving each other; always hurting each other.)
06. Who is your antiship in 2? (Life On Mars)
I can't say I particularly HATE any couple, to the extent that I use the phrase "anti-ship." I'm willing to accept pretty much anything as a possibility, including hate!sex and non-con. I haven't really liked Ray until Ashes to Ashes, so I guess Chris/Ray is a nonstarter for me.
07. How long have you watched 1? (NCIS)
Just a few months. Started watching it while Hubby was in the hospital and the nursing home because we were stuck without TIVO and USA seemed to be showing it ALL THE TIME.
08. How did you become interested in 3? (House)
Sometime in the 2nd season, I started hearing about this medical show with this sarcastic Doctor played by Hugh Laurie, which sounded interesting, although at that point, the idea of Hugh as anything but "britcom Hugh" was hard to fathom. I put the DVDs on Netflix and accidentally started with the 2nd disk, so my first episode may actually have been Damned If You Do. I probably started shipping House/Wilson then and there, but THE moment was when I saw the pilot and the "Philosopher Jagger" line. THAT'S when I fell in love.
09. Who's your favorite actor/actress in 4? (Heroes.)
Of the continuing regulars (i.e. not Christopher Eccleston) it's gotta be Jack Coleman. I just love that twenty years after Dynasty, Stephen Carrington comes back and kicks fucking ass!
10. Which do you prefer: Show 1 or 2 or 5? (NCIS, Life On Mars, Torchwood.)
For over-all quality and consistency of acting and writing, I'd say LOM. Sixteen perfect episodes.
11. Which show have you seen more episodes of, 1 or 3? (NCIS or House)
House-Every episode at least once.
12. If you could be anyone from 4, who would you be? (Heroes)
Tricky. It would be good to have Claire's ability AND that subversive chemistry with Nathan, but she's such a self-involved wench, I'd end up hating myself. I guess Angela, because she sees the future and she kicks ass, and she's capable of being ruthless without too much angst. Plus she has chemistry with everyone, and given the whole sick Petrelli dynamic, there could be some Nathan action there as well.
13. How would you kill off your favorite character in 1? (NCIS)
Oh Fornell! FBI sting goes really bad. He gets shot. Gibbs hides out in his elevator mourning, and then goes home to his boat and gets roaring drunk.
14. Give a random quote from 1? (NCIS)
"And you call me a bastard?"
Fornell to Gibbs in the elevator. Not sure which episode. Could be many.
15. Would a 3/4 crossover work? (Heroes/Torchwood)
Brilliantly. I've already written Noah/Jack, and the idea of Company and Torchwood trying to figure out if the specials are really aliens or at all affected by the rift is full of opportunity for international incidents and departmental turf-wars.
16. Pair 2 characters in 1 that would make an unlikely but strangely okay couple. (NCIS)
Well my Fornell/Gibbs fetish is no secret, but that's just my slash glasses and Joe Spano obsession talking. I honestly thought they were trying to spread some femslash vibes with Ziva and Director Shepard in Ziva's early episodes, but that's off the table now. Just for kicks, I'd do Ducky/Abby. They'd have issues, but they seem to be the two inherently nicest characters on the show, no matter how much "sinister background" they try and give Ducky.
17. Has 5 inspired you in any way? (Torchwood)
18. Overall, which show has a better cast, 2 or 4? (Life On Mars or Heroes)
Ouch! Gotta say LoM. Obviously a smaller cast, but no weak links at all, whereas Heroes has had some low moments in casting.
19. Which has better theme music, 3 or 5? (House MD or Torchwood)
House MD. At least here in the States. That Massive Attack theme is brilliant. The Torchwood theme gives me a headache. (They should replace it with John Barrowman singing "Anything Goes" from the 1st series DVD Extras and use S4 to give us the show we should have had all along.)