Choose 10 characters (preferably from the same fandom) and answer the questions that follow. No peeking until your list is done!
1. Jack Harkness
2. The Tenth Doctor
3. Rose Tyler
4. Gwen Cooper
5. The Ninth Doctor
6. Toshiko Sato
7. Owen Harper
8. Ianto Jones
9. Jackie Tyler
10. Mickey Smith
Here come the questions:
1. Characters 4, 9 and 10 (Gwen, Jackie, Mickey) are at an arcade. What game do they choose to play, and who wins?
Guitar Hero-Gwen kicks ass, Mickey comes in second. Jackie is fairly hopeless, but give her an Ol' Skool pinball machine and she'll show you how it's done.
2. Make up an e-mail address for 6. (Tosh)
3. If 8 (Sam) had an iPod or some kind of music player, what kinds of songs would you find in it?
All emo, all the time, with a smattering of 30's and 40's torch-songs in his special Jack playlist.
4. What would you do if 9 suddenly paid you a visit?(Jackie)
First I'd tell her how awesome she is! Then I'd take her out to Samovar for a cup of tea, and finally we'd go to the Mint and sing Cliff Richard songs together.
5. Do you think 6 and 4 are made for each other? (Tosh & Gwen)
Well, I think they could be an interesting couple because of Gwen's more outgoing personality vs Tosh extrovertism. There might be some hot hate-sex because of residual Owen issues. Temporarily, I think Gwen would like to take care of Tosh for a bit, maybe even as a sort of penance. I don't think it would work out long term. Gwen has her own problems, but she's not the super deluxe burrito of fucked-uppedness that Owen was, and I also think that Tosh would be a bit needy for Gwen eventually. Sorry guys.
6. 1 challenges 3 to a no-holds-barred duel. Who will win and how? (Jack, Rose)
It's a euphemism and it ends in giggling and sex so they both win.
7. 7, 2 and 1 order a pizza. What toppings does each one request, and what do the others think of the choices? (Owen, Ten, Jack.)
Jack likes extra cheese on his. Owen says it figures. Ten likes a certain aquatic animal that they can't get on earth, so he settles for Anchovies. Jack makes salty fish jokes. Owen says it figures. Owen orders pepperoni, but ends up picking half of them off anyway. Jack eats them instead and Owen makes some joke about Jack gaining weight. Jacks jokes about Owen needing to gain some. It turns into an innuendo and the Doctor tells Jack to stop because Owen is getting embarrassed. Owen is not that embarrassed and tells the Doctor to stuff it.
8. What subject would 1 teach if s/he were a teacher/professor? (Jack)
Military History. (I know what you're thinking, but sex ed would NOT be a good idea, although I'd love to be a co-ed in that class.)
9. 5 and 10 go on their first date. Where would they go, and what would they do? (Nine and Mickey.)
Oh this is NOT going to end well. Rose asked Nine to take Mickey out just to reassure him that Nine doesn't think Mickey is a worthless tool. Unfortunately...they go to a chip shop. There's an incident with some hooligan soccer thugs. Mickey tries to chill everybody out but makes it worse. The Doctor has to step in and get everyone united in their hatred of Arsenal. They thugs leave singing and Mickey is embarassed and ashamed again.
10. 8 sings karaoke and dedicates a song to 7. What song would s/he dedicate and why? (Ianto, Owen)
You're No Good. Because he really does dislike/hate/resent Owen, and because he's also surreptitiously attracted.
11. How would 8 court 6? (Ianto, Tosh)
This would be a good romance. He'd make sure she knew how special and appreciated she was. He'd send sweet (but not sleazy) emails. He'd spend hours digging up old technical manuals that could be used to help figure out the alien tech.
He'd take her out for the dinner and dancing that Jack promised, but never gave, complete with roses and a hired car. It would be like the perfect teen-age romance neither of them ever had.
12. Describe the relationship between 2 and 8 in the canon. Would you change it? Why? (Jack, Sam)
As far as Ten is concerned, Ianto is just another member of Torchwood, and of no particular interest.
Ianto is extremely jealous of Ten because he senses how much more important the Doctor is to Jack than anyone else, especially Ianto. He gets extremely pissy when Gwen points out that the Doctor is "a bit nice." And tries to slag him off by saying "He's not that young."
Ianto knows who's important to Jack. It ain't him. Works for me.
13. In your list, who do you think is the perfect match for 3 and why? (Rose)
This is a sucky question. I'm not a Rose/Ten "batchipper" but there's something about Billie and David grinning at each other that makes me go all wibbly. However, the Doctor explained the problem in School Reunion. (However, I don't think the resolution in Journey's End is a good one either, because as she pointed out...it's not the same.) I love me some Jack/Rose too, but only because of that insane sexual chemistry in The Empty Child. I'd hate for her to fall into the "Jack trap" and get hurt eventually. Obviously it wasn't going to work out with Mickey once she met the Doctor.
I wouldn't wish Owen on her and Ianto is a total no-go. In a way, a NON-SEXUAL thank you very much, way, she might end up with her mum, just living their lives together because after the Doctor...what can really compare?
So the answer is Ten, but it's a tragedy that we already saw play out.
14. 2 has a dream where 10 tells him/her to save 1, who is facing certain doom. What would 2 do? (Nine, Mickey, One.)
Presumably this happens before Jack's immortality. For a second Nine would be a bit peevish wondering why Mickey of all people is giving him the message and what mess Jack's gotten himself into this time, probably by coming on to the wrong person or thing. However, he does care about Jack and if he were convinced Jack was doomed he'd move heaven and earth (or as much of time and space as he ethically could-and maybe a bit more-to save him.)
15. 9 (Jackie) and 6 (Tosh) are about to get married, until 3 (Rose) crashes their wedding and abducts 9 (Rose) against his/her will. 6 (Tosh) follows them, but must forge an uneasy alliance with his/her archrival, 1 (Jack).
OK, so Rose thinks that her mum has gone a bit bonkers after so many years alone (let's say it's pre-Doomsday) because the idea of Jackie giving up men is so ludicrous. Naturally Tosh assumes that Jack has been hired by Rose to remind Jackie what she'd be giving up, but Jack is actually trying to bring Rose to her senses because he wants Tosh to be happy. Tosh knows she can't get Jack out of the way by killing him, so she agrees to a three-way where she can prove to Jackie that she would be better for her. (Fill in your own smut.)
16. 8 receives a gift from 9. Does s/he open it or not? If so, what is inside? (Ianto, Jackie)
(Pete's World Ianto)He opens it after a complete scan for alien tech and bombs etc. It's a re-gift from the previous Christmas of a maroon turtle-neck that Jack got for Mickey, but it was too small. She always meant to take it back, but never got around. Rose told her about Ianto and how he always seems to need cheering up, so Jackie sent it to him.
17. 4 is walking home when s/he sees a cute fluffy creature, which promptly begins rubbing itself against his/her legs. Will s/he kick it away, or take it home? (Gwen Cooper)
Is there any doubt about this? Pick it up, cuddle it, take it home, feed it, etc.
18. 8 (Ianto) is dared by Gwen)4 to strip while pole-dancing in front of 7 *(Owen). Write a short dialogue about this.
"Oh come on, Ianto."
"Have you gone stark raving mad, woman? Just because you saw something you shouldn't have, doesn't mean..."
"Something Jack didn't mind showing me, did he?"
"Well Jack is one thing and maybe he doesn't mind showing you, but why bring that one into it?"
"Considering how you two are always going at eachother, it might be good to see who's really the bigger man."
"And you'd be the judge of this, would you?"
"I've got the experience."
"Then why the pole?"
"For the laugh, darling. We need a bit of a smile round here, don't you think. There you go. Good lad. Would you prefer Def Leppard or Aerosmith?"
19. What smiley/emoticon would best describe 5? (Ninth Doctor)
( <> .. <> )
20. If you had the chance to rewrite 1’s life, how would you change it? (Jack)
Obviously my first choice would be to undo Parting of the Ways, but I don't want him to die on the game station either, and second would be for the Doctor not to be such a bloody prick when it comes to Jack. However, assuming those two aspects are as "fixed" as Jack himself, then I'd have Ianto die in Cyberwoman as was originally planned and have both S1 and S2 full of real!Jack with men/women/aliens etc, and preferably implied sex with every member of the team.