The newest drabble challenge is open at ppth_support The Unusual Suspects. This week we're doing Euphoria Parts 1 & 2. If you've got a drabble in mind for members of the Foreman family, Steve McQueen, the clinic patient with "gratification disorder" or the illustrious "Babyshoes" now is the time to put your skills to the test.
Longer stories are always welcome as well.
Drabble Challenge for Euphoria Parts 1 & 2
I spent the whole weekend writing the RPS for David's birthday. Whatever else I was doing, imagine I had the notebook out and I was struggling for the perfect mixture of plot/smut/RL details and also tailoring it to my friend's kinks.
Snapshot from Samovar (18th St) on Saturday morning-couple at the table next to us...each reading a book but also using one hand to hold hands. AWWWWWW
Took a walk to Castro Street for a run to Cliff's because Hubby wanted a new measuring cup. He also picked up a new salt and pepper grinder.
Hung out the rest of the afternoon/evening.
Watched Numb3rs-Devil Girl, about which I haven't got much to say except it was nice to see Clea Duvall and I still don't care about Don's mid-life crisis.
Went to see 9PM showing of Inglorious Basterds at the Roxie. Wow! Just Wow! All I can say is that Christoph Waltz is the sexiest Nazi since my insanely unhealthy fixation on Dirk Bogarde in The Night Porter. (Wiki says he might be playing Sigmund Freud in The Talking Cure-I'd definitely see that.) I think Tarantino gets so stereotyped as ONLY being about the violence and gore that his skill at actually making movies is overlooked. The opening scene was breathtaking in both its visual beauty and the build-up of tension. Yes, there were scenes where I had to close my eyes and things I'd like to forget I saw, but the move was absolutely brilliant.
Sunday we went to the Samovar at "Zen Valley" to meet a woman who was selling Tankas from Nepal. She set up a tripod hanging thing to show them. Hubby was very interested in a Wheel of Fortune. Not a lot of negotiating room, and he really wanted it as a learning tool for his Zen practice. At least I was able to stop him from accidentally using the wrong check-book, and creating a major problem and possibly a fraud case.
I went up to the Mint around 3:30PM. David the birthday boy was celebrating and getting trashed, like Fucked Up with a Capital F. I hung out with Jim, Yanni, Sebastian et al.
I lent Jim one of my discs so he could sing "I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself" by Dusty Springfield. I also spent the afternoon Tweeting and on Gmail chatting because for some reason I was able to leach some internet access. The reason I had the laptop with me was to transcribe my rough hand-written draft onto the computer, so I could then sent it out for beta.
Little Arrows-Leapy Lee
I'm Gonna Be Strong-Gene Pitney
All Out of Love-Air Supply
I ended up waiting to long to get that last song in and didn't get home until 9. Hubby wasn't thrilled, but since he'd spent the money on the Tanka, I didn't feel like hearing it.
We started the 2nd season of Due South and then finally watched this weeks episode of Heroes.
After watching Pass/Fail and Art of Deception, I have a few observations.
1. This show sucks!
2. It's my "Brokeback Mountain" show. I wish I knew how to quit it.
3. But as long as there's a few moments of Noah being a BAMF or something as insanely adorable as Sylar saying "nosh," I'm still in.
4. I Don't Care About Samuel. GET OVER YOURSELF DUDE!
5. I think the biggest downside to losing Nathan, aside from the pure HOT factor of Adrian Pasdar is that Nathan was the one character who actually felt like a flawed human being genuinely struggling between his ambition and what he knew was right. He could be a total bastard, but there was always something there to relate to.
6. The "dream trial" plot for Hiro was ludicrous, but I was SO happy to see George Takei and David Anders, I didn't care.
7. It's really hard for me to believe that Gretchen really means anything to Claire when THAT scene with Sylar was incredibly hot and the stuff with Gretchen...isn't. (And believe me, I'd applaud the canon-femslash if it was the least bit combustible. Claire and Tracy in the bath...that was hot.)
8. MATT: YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!
9. I still want Claude back.
10. This show sucks!
1/2 Marathon in one week. I haven't done a long run of over 8 miles and my food situation is FUCKED UP.